How to browse with your mobile phone in NigeriaArticles | Multidox
Home | Internet | ( 1 ) | Subscribe | Post a comment Posted by Felix Okoli on Tuesday April 10, 2012 17:48:32:
If you have a mobile phone and want to be able to use it for doing mobile browsing, there are certain things that need to be done first before it can be enabled.Most GSM companies in Nigeria offer mobile browsing for capable phones that have mobile browsers as long as their sim cards have been duly registered by the user. You would need to have your phone configured with the data settings for your network before attempting to use it for accessing the web.Things you will need:
- A capable mobile phone
- A registered sim card
- Airtime creditHow to setup your phone
You would need to configure your phone with your network's gprs or other setting before using mobile browsing service. These settings can be set up either by calling your network to send it using OTA transmission or by doing it manually. Almost all phones I know can be configures for mobile browsing manually but not all of them can be configured automatically using OTA.
For manual setting, you just need to go to the service or internet settings and set up things like: APN, home page, username, password and others. Once set and your phone is switched on and off, it should be able to access the web. You can check your network provider's website for details on their mobile internet settings.Selecting a data plan
By default, most sim cards are allowed to browse the web on a pay as you go basis and this means that you will be charged based on the data you use. You may however decide on a browsing plan that suits you more by dialing or subscribing to a code that your network provides for such migration. Once set, you will then be charged based on that plan.
Post a Comment Required fields are Name, Subject and Comment.
- Felix Okoli in Health: Losing Weight with Body Building Exercises - Friday February 15, 2013 11:22:21
- Felix Okoli in Health: How to Lose Weight with Nigerian Diet - Friday February 15, 2013 11:20:48
- Felix Okoli in Health: Having Long Term Weight Loss with Pectin - Friday February 15, 2013 11:16:20
- Felix Okoli in Health: Choosing a Weight Loss Plan - Friday February 15, 2013 11:16:14
- Felix Okoli in Health: 5 Quick Ways to Get a Flat Belly after Pregnancy - Friday February 15, 2013 11:16:7
- Felix Okoli in Shopping: How to Shop online in Nigeria - Thursday December 27, 2012 11:39:23
- Felix Okoli in Internet: Fixing Yahoo mail error: We’re sorry that you are having difficulty logging in - Thursday October 18, 2012 12:20:36
- Felix Okoli in Health: Check Fake or Original drugs by sms in Nigeria - Friday August 3, 2012 12:58:50
- Felix Okoli in Religion and spirituality: The Rainmakers as gods in Igbo land - Monday July 30, 2012 16:5:6
- Felix Okoli in Science and technology: How to configure your phone for mobile browsing on Airtel - Thursday June 14, 2012 13:40:7
- Jude in Relationship: How to ask an Igbo girl out - Monday April 16, 2012 9:21:42
- Jude in Relationship: How to ask a Yoruba girl out - Monday April 16, 2012 9:12:4