How to cross a road in NigeriaMultidox | Forum
Home | General | ( 4 ) | Subscribe | Post reply Posted by Sani on Friday March 28, 2014 8:11:15:
If you are not used to the roads in Nigeria and perhaps you are just visiting, one of the things you need to be aware of is that crossing a busy road may not be so easy as it is in other countries. In Nigeria, the govt offers little or no protection to pedestrians and even if there were zebra crossings, many motorists are so ignorant to what it means.To cross a road in Nigeria, here are things you need to do:
1. Firs look left and right to see that the road is clear
2. Look left again and right making sure there are no cars, motorcycles, tricycles or bicycles incoming.
3. Cross the road quickly.Tips on crossing the road
- Don't just watch out for cars because you could escape cars easily but not the Okadas(bikes).
- Also be on the lookout for tricycles(Kekes) because they are the worst kind of vehicles that could hit you
- Don't walk majestically or comfortably on a zebra crossing. You could be run over by a stupid Nigerian
- Don't count on red lights. Some motorists are known to ignore it
- Ensure you have a medical insurance of your own in case of accidents since most Nigeria drivers are covered by little or no insurance for victims they may run overHappy crossing!
Post a reply Required fields are Name and Reply.
- Aliyu in Nigeria: What do Nigerians do during Easter? - Sunday April 16, 2017 19:45:4
- Kehinde in Nigeria: Being a whistle blower in Nigeria - Sunday April 16, 2017 19:32:53
- Hassan in Business: Can I buy things on Amazon and get it in Nigeria? - Sunday April 9, 2017 20:25:26
- Joke in General: Where can I buy a bicycle charger in Nigeria? - Sunday February 26, 2017 9:6:59
- Ajunwa in Webmasters: Why do many Nigerian website owners patronize foreign web hosting companies? - Thursday January 19, 2017 4:24:26
- Nkem in Technology: DSTV Error 48-32: I need a solution - Wednesday November 2, 2016 8:18:14
- Femi in General: Lagos state wants people to kill rats for money - Friday October 28, 2016 10:22:42
- Chioma in Entertainment: DSTV Subscription discount - Wednesday October 26, 2016 15:30:51
- Zara in General: How do I preserve plantain chips - Tuesday October 4, 2016 16:57:43
- Ijeoma in General: My NYSC experience in Edo state - Thursday June 16, 2016 23:17:15
- Felix Okoli in General: How to know if your Naira card can make payments on Amazon.com - Thursday June 16, 2016 22:43:48
- Godwin in Nigeria: How Niger Delta militants make Nigeria richer - Thursday June 2, 2016 5:42:10