Why do Nigerian detergents bleach new clothes?Multidox | Forum
Home | General | ( 4 ) | Subscribe | Post reply Posted by Kanayo on Friday September 25, 2015 9:54:23:
You buy a designer shirt for N7000 and only wear it for 6 months before noticing that it now looks faded and like a second hand shirt thanks to the many times you've washed it with Omo, Klin and Ariel. Why do our detergents fade clothes so quickly? Is there a way I can still wash my clothes and maintain the colour? I remember the Blue Omo of those days which may not be as powerful as today's own but it still did not bleach my clothes as what the white ones do.
Re: Why do Nigerian detergents bleach new clothes? Posted by Sunny Ije on Friday September 25, 2015 at 9:59:56: You can try washing with bar soap as they are milder and can preserve your colours. If you are using a powerful detergent, also try to use a smaller quantity and also rinse clothes with lots of water so that no residues remain. They are indeed too powerful and can fade clothes if you soak them in for a long time.
Post a reply Required fields are Name and Reply.
- Aliyu in Nigeria: What do Nigerians do during Easter? - Sunday April 16, 2017 19:45:4
- Kehinde in Nigeria: Being a whistle blower in Nigeria - Sunday April 16, 2017 19:32:53
- Hassan in Business: Can I buy things on Amazon and get it in Nigeria? - Sunday April 9, 2017 20:25:26
- Joke in General: Where can I buy a bicycle charger in Nigeria? - Sunday February 26, 2017 9:6:59
- Ajunwa in Webmasters: Why do many Nigerian website owners patronize foreign web hosting companies? - Thursday January 19, 2017 4:24:26
- Nkem in Technology: DSTV Error 48-32: I need a solution - Wednesday November 2, 2016 8:18:14
- Femi in General: Lagos state wants people to kill rats for money - Friday October 28, 2016 10:22:42
- Chioma in Entertainment: DSTV Subscription discount - Wednesday October 26, 2016 15:30:51
- Zara in General: How do I preserve plantain chips - Tuesday October 4, 2016 16:57:43
- Ijeoma in General: My NYSC experience in Edo state - Thursday June 16, 2016 23:17:15
- Felix Okoli in General: How to know if your Naira card can make payments on Amazon.com - Thursday June 16, 2016 22:43:48
- Godwin in Nigeria: How Niger Delta militants make Nigeria richer - Thursday June 2, 2016 5:42:10